Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .

I have finished my second quilt for this year. Remember my New Year's resolutions? Well this makes me 1/3 of the way done with one of them, and I should have another done by next week - we will see if that actually happens though. This quilt actually turned out really well. Remember when I posted about it here? I was trying to decide how to do the outside border, well I went with the cream, and I like how it turned out.The creams are not the same, but I am okay with that. I love how it is not so busy any more.

I did a big swirly all over design when I quilted it, and it went together very fast.
I did the binding in the same red as one of the inside borders, it seemed the perfect color to contrast the cream. Now it has been added to the bin of quilts. And this year it will be ready for Christmas, unlike last year.

A year and a half working on this off and on and I it is finally done - this might be a record! I hope you all have a great Wednesday, I am off to clean the house because I have a bunch of family coming into town and they start arriving tonight!
Pin It! \

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! So pretty and simple. Sometimes Christmas quilts are garish and tacky but this is beautiful! Nice job ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...